Listless In San Francisco
In searching for something to entice The Muse to put down her bons bons and get off her settee, I like to search around for pages offering help to flagging bloggers.
Just about every page I visit suggests creating posts with lists.
I see it all over: “list posts are very popular!”
- Really? With who?
- Perhaps the who doesn’t matter as much as the what
- I’m not sure lists are my thing
- Maybe on this one I should go against my own grain
- And make a list
- A list for the listless
- (Yes, I went there)
- How about a blog post where the contents ARE the list
- No well thought out collection of ideas
- No useful reference guide
- Just random thoughts
- Which is so not a word but I don’t care
- I mean, does it count as a list if it’s not
- a clean, well organized list?
- I think it does
- In fact, I think it makes it better
- Maybe people will even want to
- read to the end
- instead of scanning down the list
- Which I am totally guilty of doing
- I should leave
- Some blank list items
- Just to make it confusing
- Or maybe
- Are just too darn orderly for my disordered mind