Dear Tiger Woods,
You seem to be having a skosh of trouble recently with your personal life, and you’ve managed to kick over the rock, allowing all the creepy, crawly, greasy things to begin speculating about you in the media.
The PR people say address it fast and be confident about it, then get it out of the way.
Well, you’ve tarried on the “fast” part of it, thus making the frenzy worse.
But now, my friend, you need a good story, and fast.
As I am a teller of stories, I have come up with a list of five stories you can sell to the media and thus get your fabulous self out of trouble.
You can thank me later.
Herewith, five good reasons why Tiger drove his Cadillac into a tree:
1. The baby was sick and I needed to go to an all night pharmacy to get medication. I was so very exhausted, having been up with her all night, that I accidentally ran into that fire hydrant. I had only the best interest of my daughter in mind.
2. I was sleepwalking. I’m seeing a doctor about this debilitating condition. Please respect the privacy of me and my family during this troubling time.
3. I shanked one! Heh, heh, no seriously folks, since my game has been off a bit lately (bad knee and all) and the Chevron World Challenge is coming up, I wanted to go for a drive to clear my head. Perhaps I was thinking a bit too much about my swing and not paying attention to where I was going.
4. My wife and I were having a disagreement. I stepped away to cool off and whoops, the car got away from me. I’ve since realized that my wife is the best thing in my life (thanks for breaking out that window, dear) and from here out I will strive to be a better man, a better husband and a better father. (an invocation of God at this point would really seal the deal)
5. My dad told me to. From the grave. It was a very mystical moment.
See? This isn’t that hard!
C’mon Tiger, give us a good story and put this crap to rest, eh?