With a wink and a nod to the Late Show, I present my own version of the Top Ten.
This came to me on the ride home from work on Friday. I got to thinking about all things New Mexico and how crazy our state must look to an outsider.
Without further ado…
Top Ten Things Said By a First Time Visitor to New Mexico:
(in no particular order)
10) What’s with all the orange barrels?
9) Clean water and fast ducks?
8) Ok, so to get from Las Cruces to Albuquerque I get on I-25. Then what?
7) *This* is Roswell? I thought it would be bigger.
6) *This* is the Governor? I thought he would be smaller.
5) Red or Green what?
4) Why is that car on a stick?
3) I wonder how much it would cost to buy land?
2) Why is that car so wide/low/loaded down?
1) Wow. You don’t *look* Mexican.
Happy Easter and Happy Sunday. I’m out to enjoy the sun…..